Technical assistance and training / ITMCFM
The EAG provides technical assistance to the states of the region to ensure that their national AML/CFT systems comply with international standards. Besides implementing training programs for FIU experts, law enforcement and supervisory bodies, the Eurasian group coordinates the work of donors and partners in order to improve their performance in the region.
In the field of technical assistance, the EAG is creating a Single Information Space (SIS) to serve as a platform for interactive collaboration among the participating states.
EAG observers play a major role in providing donor assistance to the states of the region.
The International training and methodology center for financial monitoring (ITMCFM)is created in accordance with the decree of the Government of the Russian Federation dated November 21, 2005. N 1989-p. in order to ensure Russia's participation in the activities of the Eurasian group on combating money laundering and financing of terrorism (EAG).
The founder of the ITMCFM is the Federal Financial Monitoring Service.
In October 2011 the Government of the Russian Federation widened the competence of the ITMCFM, by extending it to ensure Russia's participation in the activities of international organizations involved in AML/CFT issues, which included:
Financial Action Task Force (FATF);
FATF-style regional bodies;
The Egmont Group of financial intelligence units;
Main activities of the ITMCFM:
- Conducting of educational-methodical activities, including through the implementation of educational programs of additional professional education;
- Organization and carrying out of research and evaluation activities and expertise in the field of AML/CFT;
- Organizational and technical maintenance of participation of the Russian Federation in international events in the field of AML/CFT;
- Provision of technical assistance to the Russian Federation and other states, as well as international and regional organizations performing activities in the field of AML/CFT;
- Information and communication support of the activities of the Russian Federation in the field of AML/CFT.
Address: 119017, Moscow. Moscow, Staromonetny sidestreet, 31, building 1
Representation in the Internet: www.mumcfm.ru
Telephone: (495) 950-30-65
Fax: (495) 950-35-32