09 August, 2023
On August 24, the UN international workshop on countering the use of virtual assets in committing crimes and financing of terrorism will be held in Moscow, at the MGIMO.
Organizers: UNOCT - ROSFINMONITORING.
UN consultant on countering financing of terrorism using cryptocurrencies, co-chair of the EAG WGEL, Head of the Legal Department of Rosfinmonitoring, Doctor of law Olga TISEN.
Time of the event: 10:00-14:00 Moscow time.
Exhibition from 9:00 to 10:00, 11:30 to 12:00.
Participants (in person): representatives of the UN, EAG, employees of financial intelligence units of the CIS countries (about 60 persons), CHFIU, SCO RATS, CIS ATC, CSTO, government and law enforcement authorities, universities.
Virtual connection is possible.
Total number of participants in person: up to 300 persons.
During the workshop it is suggested to highlight the latest standards and best practices in countering the use of virtual assets for criminal purposes, including terrorist financing.
The workshop will cover technologies for seizure and confiscation of cryptocurrency, transaction recovery, interaction with VASPs, methods of detection and proving such crimes, and securing electronic traces.
The event will also include:
- Master class on KYC of crypto exchanges and exchangers, AML transaction verification. A breakdown of the most skillful fraudulent practices;
- Master class on cryptocurrency transactions. Features of the movement of assets of the first (blockchain cryptocurrencies) and second levels (tokens);
- Transaction verification technologies (PoW, PoS). Technological capabilities to circumvent FATF restrictions: what you need to know to counteract criminals;
- What is NFT. The concept of universally recognized DFAs and electronic documents built on blockchain technology, with secure technologies for storing personal data. NFT as the next step in the evolution of KYC;
- A breakdown of criminal practices utilizing NFT "art" for criminal purposes;
- Peculiarities of countering crimes with the use of cryptocurrencies;
- Crypto transaction tracking / Transparent Blockchain.
The event will also include an exhibition of IT achievements: quadrocopters, facial recognition systems, robots, etc.
For the first time in the world, participants of the event will receive a certificate of a participant in the form of a real NFT-token.